As The Roots Undo review by Circle Takes the Square

• Released: Jan 6, 2004
Circle Takes the Square: As The Roots Undo

Circle Takes The Square has an unique sound that no other band has, it made it's on kind of music with starting out sounding emo and then turn into a mix between hardcore emo and anything that was hardcore. The band also uses many different sound effexs that I never heard a band use for example Non-objective Portrait Of Karma starts out with a 2 minute and 33 seconds of a violin then slides on the cords one and two (high pitched cords) the strumming of the same cords to build the anticipation the explodes into a fast paced song with lots of screaming a creative guitar rifts. Also every song from them sounds different and really good guitar drums and bass, they also do things that most other bands don't do like start out the bass playing and then the guitar behind and lots other creative things. Not one of their songs sounds the same and they stay to they're type of music in each song. They also sound different with a girl in there're band that screams or sings which makes it even more better because the guy and the girl go great together and they both can sing really well. Another thing that the girl singer adds to the band that she sings with different time variations or sings while the guy screams or screams while the guy is sings or both.

Circle takes the square's lyrics are really good and they don't repeat whole sections so some of they're songs go down the whole page which is good because that means they really have something to say in their songs. Also each line in their songs seems to tell a story or has a comparison to something, and while they singing these awesome lyrics they are playing either a guitar or a bass.

Overall they make their own type of music and they play it really well and you'll like them no matter what music you listen to. The impressive songs are: In The Nervous Light Of Sunday, We're Sustained By The Copse Of The Fallen Constellation, Crow Quill, Patchwork Neurology, Non-objective Portrait Of Karma, Kill The Switch. There is nothing wrong with the albums I love all the songs, if I lost they're album (I would never lose it) I would definately buy it again. Buy the Circle Takes The Square albums!