Bring Me Your Love review by City and Colour

• Released: Feb 11, 2008
City and Colour: Bring Me Your Love

Dallas Green already has an amazing voice and in the Bring Me Your love album it only gets better. This album differs from the Sometimes album, it has a more folkier touch to it with the added harmonicas and banjo in a few songs. The album sounds like a collaboration of Bright Eyes and Iron & Wine, which is of course two thumbs up! The melodies, feelings, and all around musical prowess Dallas Green delivers on this album are definitely worth listening to over and over again.

There is so much emotion hidden in the lyrics of each song. In an interview Dallas said that the lyrics on this album differs from the lyrics on Sometimes because it is him analyzing himself as a person rather than about break ups and all that other good stuff. Although most of the songs are lyrically sad the tone is uplifting which adds and interesting twist to it.

The most impressive songs on this album are: The Death Of Me, Body In A Box, Sleeping Sickness, Waiting, What Makes A Man?, Against The Grain and The Girl. The other songs are not terrible they're just in a sense not up to par compared to the rest. For the most part the changes from the album Sometimes work it shows a more mature and confident side of Dallas Green.

Rebus
    I like this album, but not as much as "Sometimes". I feel this album is not as simple as his first. I liked "Sometimes" because it was just him and a guitar and not a full band.
    Heavens_To_Hell
    ^It is. Well it's him and Daniel Romano from Attack In Black (except I think Against The Grain, I'm not sure but one of the tracks is just Dallas, a guitar and a harmonica).
    marktuazon
    thank god i found out about him a few months ago...awesome album i love his "cowgirl in the sand" rendition.
    spoolunking
    Dallas is my favourite canadian. This disk is amazing. Listen to it in the car and completely demolish your road rage.