Live review by City and Colour

• Released: Apr 3, 2007
City and Colour: Live

For those of you who haven't already realized it this is Dallas Green's (of Alexisonfire fame) live album. It came bundled with a excellent DVD of the entire performance but that's another story. The sound on this album is very good for a live album. The crowd is very respectful and stays quiet while the songs are playing, so it doesen't muddle up any of the songs. There are a few extra songs in the album (Forgive me, Confessions, and a stunning piano cover of Happiness by the Kilowatt) but he mostly plays through all of Sometimes. The guitar work is very good and is somewhat different than the studio versions mostly because he uses a electric guitar on a lot of the songs. It adds a surprising richness to the sound that compliments Dallas's piercing melodies.

Vocally he still has one of the best voices out there, here he sounds perfect, sometimes even better than the studio album. Lyrically it compliments the music very well, his rhythm and delivery are great. The lyrics are mostly something we can all relate to, if not for the literal meaning but the emotions expressed.

This is a great album and any fan of Dallas Green's work should get it. Especially if you've never been to a City and Colour concert. I particularly liked the new song Forgive Me, Comin Home, Day Old Hate, and the amazing cover of Happiness by The Kilowatt (a popular song by Alexisonfire) It it was stolen/lost/broken I would definitely buy it again.

YourMessiah666
    i got this for a friend, we watched it together, and i love it. very nice change up from what i play constantly on the album hahah. good review