Sometimes review by City and Colour

• Released: Nov 1, 2005
City and Colour: Sometimes

The sound on this album is nothing short of amazing. Dallas Green has possibly one of the best voices in modern music, yes possibly even better than Usher (I kid). The songs on the album however to tend to carry on and kind of seem repetative. It's wonderful however, to listen to Alexisonfires music and then to hear the softer side of it all and to finaly enjoy Dallas's voice without the noise. The guitar work is not the same old acoustic music with just chords (E, D, A, G) and so on, it has many of variations and keeps you interested, but as I said earlier it does tend to carry on a tad bit.

Reading over the lyrics while listening to this album has the ability to make you tear. They go perfectly with the soft acoustic. Sometimes though I find myself just listening to Dallas mumbling the lyrics and cannot really understand what he is saying. As I said earlier, Dallas has an amazing voice and this album goes to proove just how amazing his songwriting and guitar skills really are.

This album does not compare at all to the past material that Dallas has written. I cannot really choose favourite songs from the album, all the songs have an each special thing about them and if you wanted to download songs, I suggest just buying the album because it is completly worth it. One thing I kind of dislike about the album is that the songs kind of carry on and you find your self really liking a song but then wishing it would be over soon. If this album were stolen, I'd definetly buy it again since you always need something soft in your record collection and this album should definetly get the job done.

xunholyknightx
    dallas green is the best singer ever and this album kicks ass one of the only softer ablums i have ever got
    oakster
    man, if you are a fan of alexisonfire, and you appreciate good guitar, lyrics, and overall good music, this album is a must. dallas green's singing is so melodic it will hipnotise you into loving this cd. the guitar is challenging aswell.
    blinnk16
    Dallas green is such an amazing singer, this album is great. His guitar-work and lyrics all fit so slick.
    Redmnm
    Love this album, however i not such a fan of the lyrics, they to be about crying because your famous, but thats just my opinion, still love the album
    MylesPetro
    Um, they're not about crying because you're famous. There's a few about being homesick while touring, I guess, but that's mostly it.