Hell Hath No Fury review by Civet

• Released: Sep 9, 2008
Civet: Hell Hath No Fury

Prepare for the invasion of feme punk rock. I already know what you're going to say "An actual all female hardcore band" which poses the question, can women real help with healing punk rock? These beautiful kittens not only grab your attention with their hypnotic look, but the melodies and harmonies are making the punks from the mid 80's say "WTF?" They are the real deal; imagine a beautiful rose, bleeding ruby red cause it was cut with an awkward saw. Edgy yet catchy. You'll be screaming along.

Liza Graves has the raspy voice of Bonnie Tyler but the body of the former Mrs. Broody Armstrong. Is it possible? Guess so. Although her yells, screams, and singing demand your respect at times she seems to be reaching notes that are above her pay grade. The track "Son of a Bitch" makes you pogue but not quite slam. The lyrics are somewhat predictable but they certainly deliver. Unfortunately I heard there album "Massacre" before and that album sports their abilities in a far more hardcore fashion.

Do not compare them to Kittie, the Distillers, or even Hole. Try more like Motorhead on rock-n-roll cocaine. Lemme would be proud. All members are no joke bad ass at their instruments and have formed a bond with music that will not go unnoticed. My 13 year old daughter won't stop listening to the album and neither can I. Can you believe that. Punk has a future? I adore the edgy music and the courage to shred like a boy. They are without a doubt THE rising stars of punk rock. Punks across the globe, these Betties just sky rocketed women 10 years in rock.

scary-fingers
    they are really bad live. i saw them last year opening for a band. idk about studio but live they really aren't that good.
    conkersbfd182
    they only reason anyone cares about this band is because they are on the same label that the Dropkick Murphys used to be on (Hellcat) and so the Murphys bring them on tour with them so the lead singer of Civet can sing the womens part in the Dirty Glass. They're an OK band but they'll always just be an opening act