An Answer Can Be Found review by CKY

• Released: Jun 28, 2005
CKY: An Answer Can Be Found

I was a bit nervous before popping the new CD into my player, hoping I would get the same quality album that IDR was. But no more than 5 seconds into the CD did I recognize the familiar CKY sound, a little older, a bit more matured, but it definintely had me thinking, "I love this CD already." The sound was everything I expected and more the second half of the album slows down a little, but still hooks you in. This is a band with a lot of potential and a very unique approach to music.

Deron Miller's lyrics are just what I want to hear and expect. They embody the raw intensity of what CKY stands for. They're intelligent, thought provoking, and appeal to the side of us that just wants to let go. They are, to me at least, very liberating, and honest. The lyrics ans singing fit right in with the music. It all fits in with the signature CKY sound.

This album is another big step in the history of CKY. Some say they have yet to prove their credibility as a true band. In my eyes, they have a while ago. It is exciting to hear what they will come up with next, and I have yet to see them live, I'll bet it is an ass kicking show. Suddenly tragic is an excellent track. It has the great CKY sound you love and hooks you right into the next track. Familiar Realm is also excellent and very much radio worthy. I feel it is time for this band to have more exposure, but then again, if they became too mainstream, would they still be the CKY we love? Most likely. They have developed a fantastic sound all their own and are all very talented musicians with no fear to be independent. An answer can be found is all that which I would expect from CKY and more. I would encourage anyone to pick it up, whether you've been a CKY fan from the beginning or are looking for some great, new music that doesn't sound like every other band out there. I now consider them on my top 3 bands of all time list. Their sound really hits home and I can totally relate to the whole CKY music and attitude.