An Answer Can Be Found review by CKY

• Released: Jun 28, 2005
CKY: An Answer Can Be Found

The sound is very different than Volume 1 or IDR because CKY has upped their musicianship on An Answer Can Be Found. Chad Ginsburg has the duty of solos on the album, unlike on the previous albums where there were no solos. They wanted to put out a perfectly recorded album and they did just that. Also, unlike IDR, AACBF was produced with no synthesizers. CKY has a very unique and catchy sound. Like on their first 3 album's, they utilize the boss OC-2 to achieve their sound along with some distrotion. As always, frontman Deron Miller has done it again with amazing riffs in songs like Suddenly Tragic, Dressed in Decay, and All Power to Slaves that make you listen to the album over and over and over again.

Deron Miller ceases to amaze me with his talent. He writes great riffs and he also writes great lyrics. The lyrics fit well with the songs. For instance, tough and gritty riffs in Tripled Manic State and Sniped are accompanied by tough and gritty lyrics. On this album, Deron's backing vocals are better than ever. They give the album even more of a harmonic feel.

The only thing to compare the previous albums are their guitar tones and attitude. AACBF is a large step up for CKY. They really proved that they are accomplished musicians. When I first popped the CD while driving away from the CKY meet n greet the day AACBF was released, I knew that it wasn't going to sound like Vol. 1 or IDR. I'm saying that in a good way because how many bands that you listen to that have only produced 3 full albums most of the time sound the same, well not with CKY. There isn't one song on the album that I skip when I listen to AACBF. Some favorites from the album include Dressed in Decay, All Power to Slaves, Tripled Manic State, and Sniped. I would absolutly go out and buy another copy of An Answer Can Be Found if it was stolen. So pretend someone stole your copy (even if you don't own a copy yet) and go buy CKY's 3rd album An Answer Can Be Found!

corruptjustice
    the only band? haha, i very much doubt that. pretty much every band i have two cd's of thier newest disc is better.
    n1cky
    It was a ****in brillant album, i went to see them play in dublin for the tour and all the new songs were played flawlessly!! Very impressed although chad made them Rio Bravo instead of Suddenly Tragic which i was very disappointed about
    fendercobain87
    a great band that has gotten better with every album, a great record i just can't say enough about cky, just a great record that was written very well the sound was good the lyrics were dark and depressing.
    Mainer
    I recently got Vol. 1, Infiltrate.Destroy.Rebuild, and AACBF, and AACBF is my favorite. so awesome