CKY, Vol. 1 review by CKY

• Released: Jun 26, 2001
CKY: CKY, Vol. 1

CKY are a very unique band and they are highly unappreciated. Their sound is different from any other band, it's like a heavier version of rock but I wouldn't class it as metal. The riffs go very well with the accompning drums and guitar but dont sound as good when you play it by yourself on one guitar. The riffs are good but mostly not complicated, the hardest parts to play on this album are because of the speed and not the complexity.

Deron is an average singer but his voice goes well with the sound of the band. A lot of the lyrics don't make any sense but it doesn't really matter because all the songs are good anyway.

This is a very good album and I would recommend it to anyone, unfortunately I don't know many other people who like CKY so it's all down to personal taste. The songs on the album are well arranged with one song complimenting perfectly the previous. This album is very different to "Infiltrate.Destroy.Rebuild" as the songs are all very different where as on I.D.R. the songs are more similar with the exception of "Close yet far". The difference in sound may be due to the new bassist Vern, who was not part of the band dureing the vol.1 album. Overall it is a very good album except for the huge gap on the last track for the hidden track "Halfway house". This album is equally good as their third album as neither of them could possibly be ny better.