CKY, Vol. 1 review by CKY

• Released: Jun 26, 2001
CKY: CKY, Vol. 1

This is a great album I've never heard anything like it. The riffs are very fast and technical(if youre playing them right). The guitar sound is amazing. Very original. People often ask me why I never get tired of cky and why I don't listen to any other bands much. The answer is, Cky are a diferent band! Every song sounds nothing like the other! It's like listening to a 9 track mix cd i made of 9 other bands. No other band can have that said for them!the musical innovations are very mixed. The band Death must have a huge influince on derons riffs. I'd also like to share that this album has 10 songs on 9 tracks. The last song is hidden. But it's not hard to find.

My overall impression of Deron's lyrics is very positive. He can really write some lyrics. Songs like "Disengage The Simmulator" and "To All Of You" have some of the most meaningful lyrics ever writen. They go great with the music. Deron's voice is very good. He has a very distinctive voice and he can sing very well.

I cant compare this to anything because this is Cky's first album. The most impressive songs on the album are "96 Quite Bitter Beings", "Disengage The Simmulator", "Lost In A Contraption", "Sara's Mask", and "To All Of You". I love everything about this album. The only thing I hate is the guitar sound! Why cant I get that sound? I would definitally by this album again if it were lost or stolen, this time I'd buy 2! It's definitally worth buying.