CKY, Vol. 1 review by CKY

• Released: Jun 26, 2001
CKY: CKY, Vol. 1

Cky's music and sound is so thick and powerful. Although they are somewhat underground, they really are a good listen. There is a story on that album. In fact, Volume 1 starts the story. Still haven't figured it out yet. The stupid CD player in the car ate the disk. On the CD, they really don't sound like they have a genre. Its a mixture of rock, experimental, and I say a bit of punk.

The impressions of the lyrics aren't really that happy. Track 7 is a big turnoff of this album. The opening line is "I saw my daughter giving head to my brother." It's so wrong especially since I was listening to the CD with my mom in the room. But otherwise. The music fits the lyrics so perfectly, and with the guys voice it should be the most awesome band in rock history. His voice is so powerful and forceful sounding. Track 1 and 2 are extremely well done songs, with the very fast guitar in track 1 and the horrid sound of track 2.

This album compared to Ckys others is about 2 times better. Most impressive songs on the album are "96 Quite Bitter Beings," "Disengage The Simulator," "To All Of You" and "Rio Bravo." What I love about it is that its just so kick-ass that it gives you that rebellion-feeling. What do I hate, when I bought it there was a small crack on the case. But the CD player ate it so yes I will buy another one very soon.