CKY, Vol. 1 review by CKY

• Released: Jun 26, 2001
CKY: CKY, Vol. 1

Picture yourself starting up a band, you want a unique sound but complex and at the same time well played! CKY is your band, theese guys made this album in the image of what rock needs to be to them. Every song sounds so unlike its predecessor! This album is a must if your looking for inspiration or even have a CD collection! There music goes to every occasion! Metal, fuzz, melodic and we even get eere riffs!

Theese songs, just like every song, means somthing to the band a hell of alot more than it does to the audiance, I have no idea what they are singing about, however in the same boat, I understand what they are singing and what they are saying. So when they are writen on paper, you may not be able to decypeher what they are saying but it sure as hell sounds impressive. It all adds up to the unikeness of their style! The singer and lead guitarist Derron Miller has skill, Beyond good, but is excelent, he can make anything sound so impressive, that it becomes manditory to have him in the hall of guitar geneouses! He is a great singer, a great lyricist and a great guitarist, and he puts this all into every performance, and we get the sound also known as CKY!

Unlike moast albums I ever heard! That's it, it just doesnt compare! My favourite song cant even be said because I love each and every track on that album (and that hardly ever happens)! I love everything about it, the sound, the intervals, the drum fills, even down to the way Derron doubles up his voice to create that eere sound on 96 Quite Bitter Beings! And if it were stolen, I have no quarms of buying it again, just aslong as I get it, and the theif is having 1 hell of a time listening to it, but also I hope that that idiot gives it back, before I knock him sensless for taking one of my best (if not the best) albums I own!