Infiltrate Destroy Rebuild review by CKY

• Released: Sep 24, 2002
CKY: Infiltrate Destroy Rebuild

CKY is undoubtedly the most original band out there and IDR is a shining example of this. Some of you say that it's really bass heavy. Here's a solution, turn the bass down on your stereo not so hard. Some of you *cough*LedZepplin*cough* also say that the riffs are boring. You must be def then seeing as it takes a musical genius to just come up with this stuff and it's hardly boring. CKY has it's own style, there may be hints of other styles of metal and such but it's wonderfully blended into this unique sound. They sound much more unique and refined that Vol. 1.

The lyrics are a bit dark at times, but genius none-the-less. Some of the lyrics definately show Deron's love for the horror movie genre. The lyrics and the music blend perfectly. I find it very easy to sing as I play all of the songs that I am able to. Deron's voice is phenominal. When paired with Chad's backup vocals, absolutely mind-blowing.

The whole band has greatly improved since Volume 1. I must clear something up though, The band consists of Deron (Lead guitar/Lead vocals), Chad (Guitar/Backup vocals), and Jess (Drums). Vern had nothing to do with the recording process, he was only for live shows. The most impressive songs are Escape From Hellview, Shock&Terror, Inhuman Creation Station, and Close Yet Far. I love everything about it. Every aspect is completely amazing. If this cd were stolen, I'd beat the living crap out of whoever took it, and then buy a new one. If I couldn't get it back, I would definately buy this again.