Infiltrate Destroy Rebuild review by CKY

• Released: Sep 24, 2002
CKY: Infiltrate Destroy Rebuild

This album really stands out in the eyes of fans and critics alike. CKY really breaks away from the simple chord progressions many hard rock/punk bands tend to use. So instead of just a E, G, D progression, they would throw a jaw dropping riff into the mix. For thst reaso, this album is very hard to tab. It's very powerful throughout the album, except for the last song on the album, Close Yet Far. I do wish there were a few more heartfelt songs on the album however.

The lyrics are the low part of the album. Not much really stands out from every other band out there. A lot of violent lyrics and brainless repetativeness. However, Close Yet Far, and Escape from Hellveiw stand out. Escape from helveiw is a sequal to a previously recorded song- 96 Quite Bitter Beings. The story line is great and the band puts an image in your head that prepares you for the rest of the album. Close yet far, however, closes the album with lyrics from the heart and slower paced music. After hearing this song I called my ex girlfriend and got back together because this song remainded me of the lonlieness I was feeling and that we all feel. It was extremly powerful.

The lyrics let me down but the powerful drums and driving guitars make up for its low point. Anyone who is a fan of tough, loud, music needs to stop reading this reveiw and buy a copy now. It's a great CD if you're the type of person who finds the music more important than the lyrics. If it was lost of stolen, I'd buy another one without a doubt.