Blast Tyrant review by Clutch

• Released: Mar 30, 2004
Clutch: Blast Tyrant

Clutch are a very underrated band, and all very talented. This album shows it very well. Again they've moved to a different more raw, rock sound on this album. It's just brilliant. The catchiest and very rocking guitar, bass and definitely drumbeats. They create a funky, rock; metal possibly jazz sound that's original but just "guaranteed rock satisfaction."

The lyrics on Blast Tyrant and most Clutch songs may seem weird to some people, but it's great songwriting and Neil Fallon pulls it of very well with his great rock voice that may take time to get used too. A very talented singer nonetheless.

At first I had to get used to this record, but the first song "Mercury" will certainly get you going and into a rocking mood with instrumental worthy opener. The album continues with a few funky tunes, which are not my favourites but creative, songs like "Cypress Grove." But a song that stood out for me was "The Regulator," an acoustic starting song. Again with the few funky tracks, then onto the best songs on the record. My favourites follow, in order on the cd. "Weathermaker" (a short instrumental), "Subtle Hustle," "Ghost" (similar to regulator, but maybe my favourite song) and then "(Notes From The Trial Of) La Curandera" - a great song which goes into the creative, instrumental jam "Wysiwyg," a great ender to the album. So this album is just outstanding and will please many listeners of different types of music.

FifisGalaxy500
    Definately one of their heavier albums, which I like a lot. One of my favorites by the way because of the heavyness and the hard flow of pure American rock n roll. The track, "The Mob Goes Wild" is a little played out but still great in itself, the words "Condoleeza rice is nice but I prefer aroni" instantly caught my liking to this song. Cypress Groves is also an amazing lyrical track infused with they heavy riffs, music doesn't get any better than than this album.
    Tormedhammeren
    This is a magnificent album! Absolutely fantastic! Without doubt one of the most important rock albums of modern day. I haven't seen the likes of this since Soundgardens "Superunknown". They dare to be different, and they are grately rewarded for doing so...or? That's what pisses me off! They make this historical, awesome album, and get no recognition!