Giving The Devil His Due review by Coal Chamber

• Released: Aug 19, 2003
Coal Chamber: Giving The Devil His Due

This is actually a b-sides. Starting with one new song, "Headstones and the walking dead". Only the vocals are new tho, the rest was recorded a few years ago, but for some reason they never recorded vocals.Good old Coal Chamber sound,from their self-titled album to the agressive sound in Dark Days. There are a couple of demos and the sound is a little crappy on them but it's still good to listen to.

Lyrics have never been their strong point. The singer, Dez, has an agressive voice and it fits well with the lyrics and music.

This is a b-sides, so I can't really compare it with the other albums. My favorite songs on this album are "Anxiety", "Apparition" and "Save yourself". If I lost it I probably wouldn't buy it again. This CD contains mixes of old songs, demos, 2 songs from soundtracks and 3 outtakes. Mixes aren't really different then the original ones so it's not really worth it, and the outtakes can be found on internet. If you are a real Coal Chamber fan, buy it, otherwise I wouldn't buy it.