Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness review by Coheed and Cambria

• Released: Sep 20, 2005
Coheed and Cambria: Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness

Well, I happen to be part of a lucky group of people that get lots of advance albums. And well this is, shall we say breathtaking. The album starts with a building strings piece on one of their other albums. This is followed by "Always And Never." This is an intricate acoustic guitar part, and along with "Keeping The Blade" is a kind of intro to the album. The band have made a big leap from the last album with this one. Adding to the saga of the story of Coheed And Cambria in a way not seen by many albums in reacent years. They kick the album off for real with "Welcome Home" which is (in Caludios' words) like Kashmir, obviously due to building guitar progression. It's a powerfull song that makes you want to listen again, but you can't because straight after it finishes the stupidly catchy into for "Ten Speed (Of God's Blood Burial)" kicks in. Again another superb track, with harmonising guitars and riffs galore. I honestly don't think that a band comes close to co&ca for shear imagination. The album then continue's further with "Crossing The Flame." Similar to ten speed this track is lick/riff/melody driven. The album then takes a time out with the intro to "Apollo I: The Writing Writer," but as you might have guessed this is short lived when it kicks in. The album follows the same path for most of the tracks with the epic "The Willing Well" - a four part song wiht each part over 7 mins long. There is a nice break with "Welcome Home" and a couple of others.

Considering that the lyrics for all the coheed albums actually tell one continous story they are suprisingly imaginative and flowing. The fantastic range from Claudio obviously enhances them to a point which very few other singers can get to. Reading the lyrics you can see they all make sence and nothing is there just for rhymes sake.

Well, I honestly don't know if I can come up with enough superbatives for this album. A massive jump for "In Keeping..." and one in the right direction. This album should gain them a much larger fan base, and with some really rediculously catchy tunes and melodies on there, I'd be shocked if they don't hit the big time with it, especially with a major label behind them now. Rock on Coheed!