Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness review by Coheed and Cambria

• Released: Sep 20, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Coheed and Cambria: Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness

Just like their albums, this one is a good buy. I got this from a nearby record bar, and I don't know how the people there got it, since this is supposed to be released on the 20th of september. as usual, the guitar riffs are spectacular and the voice of Claudio Sanchez never fails to amuse me. It's kinda sad that he didn't pull off the high ones in this album, and there seem to be fewer screams and growls. And it seems that some parts of the songs in the album resemble some parts in the other albums. Like The suffering. Try listening to Three Evils ("Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops"). The album has more of the progressive-ness in it now. The last four tracks are 7 minute ones, full of melodic guitar riffs and lovely drums. My favorite band gets a 5.

The lyrics are about the comic and thats about it. These lyrics make little sense if you dont have the comic. Coheed would suck lyric-wise if Claudio didn't sing it. His voice is unique.

If you like the usual fast paced punk rock music in your PC, and progressive rock, and also with classic rock influences, you have to buy this CD. And if you wanna try and listen to a new kind of music, go ahead. You'll surely like the songs in this album. I liked Wake Up, The Suffering, and The Four Willing Well tracks most. I'd buy this again when it gets officially released.