Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness review by Coheed and Cambria

• Released: Sep 20, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
Coheed and Cambria: Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness

All I can say is wow. Co&Ca have managed to outdo their last two albums. Now, be warned, this isnt an album you will want to listen to once, decide you don't like it, and move on. If you listen to it more than once, I guarantee you will find it is very good. They manage to pack more genres in here than the last CD, with a classical-esque violin/piano track (Keeping The Blade), a nice, heavy, almost epic sounding track (Welcome Home), soft acoustic songs (Always And Never, Wake Up) and an astonishingly good 5 minute blues jam (The Willing Well IV: The Final Cut).

Claudio's voice is much different on this one. On a lot of the tracks, he uses his normal voice, which is actually quite low, and on a very select few, he uses his higher pitched one. Not too much new there. The lyrics sound really nice, and all flow very well, and they continue the story of Coheed & Cambria, although I guess a lot of the tracks are written from the writers point of veiw. If you know much about the story, The Willing Well section is very interesting, particularly II, III, and IV.

Co&Ca's best album yet. In my opinion, they just keep outdoing themselves. Although a few tracks leave a bit to be desired, overall, this is an amazing album. Favorite Tracks: Keeping The Blade, Welcome Home (even though I'm a little burnt out on it), Ten Speed (Of God's Blood And Burial), Wake Up, The Willing Well II: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness, The Willing Well III: Apollo II: The Telling Truth, and The Willing Well IV: The Final Cut.