Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness review by Coheed and Cambria

• Released: Sep 20, 2005
Coheed and Cambria: Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness

Ok, to start off, (not including "Keeping The Blade") the first song starts out almost as a "prepare yourself" kind of way. The great and complicated acoustic guitar playing was abviously a sure sign of what to come. And, as predicted, "Welcome Home" hits and all you could do was awe in amazement as the whole song never died down. Right after, you get the song "Ten Speed (Of God's Blood And Burial)" which says that this album is going to be worth every penny. "Crossing The Frame" is another hit, not as good as the first few songs but great in it's own right. Then, "Apollo 1: The Writing Writer" comes in and with it's complex rythm and sound. "Once Upon Your Dead Body" is another one of those songs that you'll listen to but it won't do too much for you. However, Coheed brings a newer side of itself with "Wake Up" which sounds different from all of their other slower songs. "The Suffering" is the catchiest song I've heard in a long while, it might as well be the perfect up-beat song of the entire CD. The next two songs aren't the best I've ever heard but not too bad I guess. But the CD ends beautifully with the "Willing Well" series.

The lyrics as most Coheed fans know, tells a story of love, revenge, and all that jazz. Claudio delivers the lyrics amazingly swift. The lryics on this cd are much more raw than past CD's. From what I could tell, Claudio steps out of the past time CD ways of no parental advisory sticker, which kind of disappointed me. In this CD, though, Caudio's voice was much truer to his live performances (but was still rather high). The sounds he put off were almost eerie at times and completely necessary. Most people don't like the vocals and to those people I say, that without the way he sings, the songs and CD would not be as nearly captivating. I wish I could tell you more about the story that is being told but unfortunately, I'm still getting the information myself.

Good Apollo I'm Burinig Star 4: Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes Of Madness is by far the best CD Coheed has put out yet. Coheed has really matured as musicians with this complex and melodicly catchy album. The thing that impressed me the most is how they've been able to keep us Coheed fans longing once more for more sci-fi thrilling lyrics, etc. I just can't help but love the way the flow each song from to another and keep you hooked. The way this album was laid out track wise was also rather clever in my opinion. The album really can't compare to TSSTB. IKSSE3 was great but GAIBS4 simply put is, absolutely incredible. Unfortunately that can only give Coheed more to live up to!