Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness review by Coheed and Cambria

• Released: Sep 20, 2005
Coheed and Cambria: Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness

When I think of Coheed and Cambria, I think of a few musicians free of the restrictions of genre. I listen to their albums and all of the songs are different, yet somehow the same. My friend best described their sound I think when he said "You hear the main riff, listen to it and it sounds horrible, then you hear it 2 or 3 times, and you realize this is awesome!" The sounds on this CD range from heavy (Welcome Home) to melodic rock (The Suffering) to swing (II: From Fear...) to blues (IV: The Final Cut). The prevailing sound in all the songs is that they are all very dramatic. After listening to very much of it you feel like going out and accomplishing something, or getting fired up about some 'cause it's hard to explain. Definitely very cool.

Everyone's first reaction to the music is "I hate the singer!" And he bugged me sorta at first too, but after I got their album and listened to it a bit I started to love him. I think his high voice allows him to add more expression than most singers. The lyrics, as most people know, follow a story he made up that is told in comic books released with the albums, all of which I own. The lyrics in the song don't tell the whole story by any means, but more just express the feelings of certain scenes. I think Claudio is the best song-writer since Pink Floyd.

Coheed And Cambria is one of my favorite bands of all time. They have a unique addictive sound that no-one else can produce. I think they are also some of the best instrumentalists ever, which nobody gives them credit for. Were it not for 2 people that gave them 0s which look like accidentally in this review, all the albums would be rated 9+, which is something very few bands can claim. They definitely get all 10s in my book.