Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness review by Coheed and Cambria

• Released: Sep 20, 2005
Coheed and Cambria: Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness

To me Good Apollo sounds colorful. I believe the band has honed their expression to the point where their mood portrayal is so right on that you almost feel exactly what he is trying to say musically. When I listened to Once apon your Dead body I thought of the second level of Sonic 2 the video game I know it sounds crazy but I did I dunno maybe the chemical reference. I give the overall sound of this record a 9 because it's very streamlined and pure. Expecially the drum mix.

Good stuff definetly. Does anyone listen to the dialouges i.e. 10 Speed and Apollo apparently something is going on with the plot at these points. Lyrically though it definetly is right on with the other songs. The Writing Writer: "Come on b--ch why aren't you laughing now." The pauses with the rest of the band. I rewinded my CD about 4 times I thought it got scratched on the journey home from the cd store. Good stuff.

My general impression is that Claudio says woah almost too many times on this record. I have no problem with it but if one was to point out a flaw, I'd say that would be it for me. But yeah I have nothing left to see but that I'm seeing them tomorrow at the house of blues and it should be the best time.