Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness review by Coheed and Cambria

• Released: Sep 20, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 4.3 Poor
Coheed and Cambria: Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness

After being completely blown away by coheeds first two albums I was expecting an incredible album but my expectations were deffinatly not met. To me the CD goes through the story of some psycho who's eating people and screwing little kids moms. Althought I wasn't impressed with the flow of the vocals that Claudio puts out the guitar is amazing as Coheed is known for so if you can get past the way the CD flows then you might like this. In Good Apollo it seemend like coheed is missing something just the verses and the chours clash on almost every song deffinatly not a good thing.

The lyrics are amazingly unique no other band out right now has the abillity to write songs like coheed. The sound of the guitars and the drums fit the style of the lyrics pretty well but Claudio's voice in the songs didn't fit the energy of the music behind him in some songs.

Good Apollo is a great album to buy if you have the ability to tune out the singer and just listen to the guitar. I can only note 3 songs which are good all around wich are Once Apon You Dead Body, The Suffering, and Welcome Home. Althought the album seems to drag for eternity I still will listen to it just to here the lead guitar it is amazing. If this CD was stolen or lost I would deffinatly get something else it was just really a dissapointment I really expected something better.

Orc
    Welcome home is a song to lead an army into battle with. This album rocks!