Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness review by Coheed and Cambria

• Released: Sep 20, 2005
Coheed and Cambria: Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness

A musical opus. Very few bands can incorporate such musical percision into 15 tracks. But Coheed & Cambria manages to pull it off. Adding viola, violin, lap steel, and cello they wrote, played, and recorded a masterpiece. Travis Stever and Claudio Sanchez are some of the finest guitarists today, with dark, fast-paced solos, and light, shimmering choruses, they have perfected the art of playing guitar. The bass, although hard to here, as usual, is a good backdrop. Wothout it, you would hear light, squeaky guitars. The drumming is awesome, as seen in Welcome Home, which seems to show the most potiental out of all 15 tracks. No compliants, besides that fact the it does get hard to tell when which track ends and when the next begins.

Claudio may be the modern day Geddy Lee, vocally. It is high-pitched, in a way, and silky smooth. He has the ability to know when to unleash it's fury. Although foggy, unless you have a wide vocabulary and extreme knowledge of metaphors, or have the comic, but still meaningful and great. Though does get a little boring at sometimes.

Coheed & Cambria is prbably one of the most musically talented band of its time. Using both light shimmering pieces and dark eerie pieces. By using instruments often not considered "rock" instruments, they have added another layer to their masterpiece of a CD. Probably the most impressive songs are Welcome Home, The Sufferung, Ten Speed - God's Blood And Burial, and the violin on Keeping The Blade. Their is much to love about the CD and little to hate. But what I don't like too much is the fact that alot of the songs sound the same, generally in the last 4 songs. Sort of like Pink Floyd. Pink Floyd is really the only band that C&C can compare to. They have much in common, like the fact that there is more than the instruments most bands use, such as the basic guitar, bass drummer, vocalist. If it was stolen, yes I would buy another album, and I would also get the one that was stolen back from the, "unlucky" thief.