Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness review by Coheed and Cambria

• Released: Sep 20, 2005
Coheed and Cambria: Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness

Good Apollo, I guess I'm the burning star. I was recommended this artist from a friend of mine who told me the site's website and told me to listen to Welcome Home. Immediately, I went to the site, because I love hearing new bands. And boy, did I love this one. Claudio Sanchez's screaming guitar along with Travis's lovely rhythm section (until the solos) fit perfectly together, kind of like a sort of epic battle between them. Claudio's vocals. What can I say. He sounds phenomenal. Anyone that thinks he is stupid and sounds like a girl can go and burn in hell. Claudio Sanchez's favourite action-packed graphic novels depict violence, and a subtle hint of romance, and it has been said that the albums are based on the comics.

Claudio Sanchez's action-packed graphic novels depict violence, and a subtle hint of romance, and it has been said that the albums are based on the comics. Lyrics about the love and hate between the characters, and quite a bit of killing, for example, in Always And Never, the last line in this Simon & Garfunkelesque type acoustic ballad is "To kill all of you", which doesn't really fit, but who cares. Sounds awesome.

If this was stolen or lost, hell yeah, I would buy it again. With the comic, as I am told, you can get it in a pack with the comic in it. Here is the tracklisting and my impressions of the songs. 01. Keeping The Blade - this is an orchestral piece which lets you know that the story is continuing. Every album they have had has had an instrumental theme song at the beginning and this contains the theme song from The Second Stage Turbine Blade and In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3. Brilliant. 02. Always & Never - See above in lyrics. 03. Welcome Home - I haven't heard a real screaming guitar rock song like this in ages. Led Zeppelin mixed with Sabbath mixed with The Sisters Of Mercy style lyrics. Once again, this is a favourite. 04. Ten Speed (Of God's Blood & Burial) - this is my favourite track on this record. Guitars, vocals and drums fit perfectly and the outro is awesome. 05. Crossing The Frame - a terrific guitar riff, this is truly a keeper. 06. Apollo I: The Writing Writer - now we are getting into the more ballad sort of stuff, still really good. 07. Once Upon Your Dead Body - if hello could only drop it's "o". Very nice ballad. 08. Wake Up - not my favourite song, it's a bit random. All the songs are good though. 09. The Suffering - I love this song! Such a good riff, and the vocals in the chorus are just, wow. 10. The Lying Lies & Dirty Secrets Of Miss Erica Court - this song is sweet. Again, another case of a character in the comic. 11. Mother, May I - another slow song, personally I prefer the faster, distorted ones. 12. The Willing Well - These are cool, all of them. They have weird starts though. I: Fuel For The Feeding End - The Willing Well is basically a rock opera. It is a fast paced riff and drums, and rather long. II: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness - I actually like this song more than I expected I would. It has a sort of a sea shanty rhythm. It is really cool. III: Apollo II - The Telling Truth - took me a minute to figure out the timing, even though it's 4 4, it's still a bit confusing to start with. It speaks of one of the main characters in the graphic novel, Jesse and his brother, who seems to rape little girls. IV: The Final Cut - I really really like this song. It is the big big finale, and a big slow rousing power ballad, with an a wesome guitar melody at the start. Sarah Kathryn Jacobs fills in some good background vocals. That's Good Apollo. It is a brilliant album, one of the best I have heard for a while. Totally worth it.