Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness review by Coheed and Cambria

• Released: Sep 20, 2005
Coheed and Cambria: Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness

Coheed and Cambria's third studio album, Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through The Eyes of Madness, although sporting the longest album title yet from the band, is nonetheless an amazing album, their best to date in my opinion. Having traces of classic legends such as Led Zeppelin infused with their progressive rock, they've created a truly memorable chapter in the Amory Wars series (the story behind all of the albums). The sound has heavy influence on the vocals and ambiance of the music, promoting each instrument through the others, creating a powerful sound unmatched on any of their previous efforts.

The lyrics, while not exactly life changing, are amazing to read for those who know the story of Coheed and Cambria. Based on Claudio Sanchez's comic book, The Amory Wars, it details the latest chapter of the epic series, and it does so without fault. The lyrics fit the music quite well, as well as Claudio's voice, which is amazing, and reminiscent of Rush's Geddy Lee. Claudio is a very high pitched singer, but don't let that turn you off, the vocals are solid and fit appropriately with the music. Overall, however, many people will come to judge the music on Claudio's singing, so, if you are afraid of buying this album, listen to some tracks to get a feel for his voice.

This album is a big step in musical abilities for the entire band. Sporting such amazing tracks as Welcome Home (one of my personal favorites) and The Suffering (my absolute favorite), Good Apollo is a great album that any Coheed and Cambria fan will instantly love, and any rock fan should have in their collection. I love the music, the emotion, the energy, the entire album is incredibly well done. Stolen, lost, taken as a dark Satanic ritual to burn all good music, I'd definitely buy it again. Fans of progressive rock, Rush, and Led Zeppelin will definitely enjoy this album.