Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness review by Coheed and Cambria

• Released: Sep 20, 2005
Coheed and Cambria: Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness

The sound on the album is amazing. The way the album opens up with 'Keeping the Blade', and then cuts into 'Always and Never' is fantastic. The string instruments on 'Keeping The Blade' give a nice calm, collective intro to the album, and then they build up towards the end, leading into the next song. Whilst the album maintains an alternative rock style, you can clearly hear the metal influence of bands like Iron Maiden on tracks such as 'Welcome Home' and 'Ten Speed'.

The lyrics on the album are fantastic. As ever, they are based on the Amory Wars, and have science fiction related themes. The lyrics fit the music perfectly, and the timing between the lyrics and music in some songs is fantastic. As always, Claudio's voice is amazing, with a huge array of vocal keys on the album.

My overall impression of this album is that it is fantastic. I was never really into Coheed and Cambria, but when on a school trip, I saw the album on sale for 5 and thought it would be worth a listen. I definately made the right choice with it. The album has convinced me that I need to buy some of their older material. The best thing about the album, for me, is the relation between the vocals and guitar parts. They blend perfectly, and are well balanced. Good work Coheed, with a fantastic album.

Dudeman5000
    Captain2113 wrote: I'm surprised that no one has commented on the fact that someone said that Willing Well 2 is about Jesse and his brother and they rape girls... that made me chuckle...
    I caught that too
    stigno89
    Welcome Home is probably the greatest song i've ever heard. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!
    KaneIsRaw13
    Amazing Album I was wondering why Track 6 and 14 sounded the same, But in 14, They add more parts to the song.
    Bullet-Rule
    Brilliant album, but I expect no less than that for Co&Ca, they are truly an astounding band! As for Mic Todd, he is god. I love the Willing Well songs the most.
    C&C_disciple
    C&C is one of my favorite bands at the moment. they have brilliant lyrics, and their sound is killer. i hope they keep going for a long while. i noticed that Always & Never had a very Emerson, Lake & Palmer sound. listen to some of their stuff and you'll know what i mean. Peace!
    XtownTraffic
    whats with this rating 10 10 10! besides welcome home since it was so commercialized, CoCa is the shit and forever will be the shit. Album is epic. ten speed is the best song no doubt.
    Captain2113