Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 2: No World For Tomorrow review by Coheed and Cambria

• Released: Oct 23, 2007
Coheed and Cambria: Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 2: No World For Tomorrow

This record begins with the soft, acoustic track The Reaping. This track is the softest track on this entire album. From here, it just gets louder and heavier. Both are words in which you can describe Coheed And Cambria's latest effort, Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV Vol. 2: No World For Tomorrow. For those who follow the storyline, this is the end of Coheed And Cambria's current album storyline. It definitely portrays an end to the storyline. As shown in the cover art, the album title, and the song titles, you can imagine this song will be about the end of many things, possibly including the world itself. When you think the end of things, you think of heavy metal playing as Satan awakes and destroys all who stand. This album is not exactly that, but it is the heaviest Coheed album to date. This can be shown in the guitar work that is put forth by front man/guitarist Caludio Sanchez and guitarist Travis Stever. Both are amazing guitarist as shown in their last albums and this one. This album is probably their best guitar work to date. They both put forth some stellar guitar riffs and solos on every song on the album.

The songs themselves are some of the best songs the band has released. It is hard to pick favorites from this album, but here are some of it's highlights. Track two, No World For Tommorow, is a great opening to the album that you are about to journey through. The contrast to track one, The Reaping, automatically hooks your ears into the album. Another highlight would have to be The Hound (Of Blood And Rank. The song reminds me of something the brilliant minds of Rush would come up with. Another top track would have to be Mother Superior. While it one of the softer songs, it definitely hits hard in vocals and the band's overall sound. The closer The End Complete V: On The Brink can truly be know as one of the best album closer amongst Coheed albums and other albums of the genre. The album starts out slow and soft. It could almost be a lullaby. Suddenly, it veers off into a section you could suddenly start a mosh pit in, complete with heavy guitar riffs, screaming, and heavy drum beats. It then suddenly veers off to only a piano and violin. Then, a guitar battle amongst Sanchez and Stever begins. While the battle isn't long, it is definitely worth to the first six minutes of this song.

The album starts: Hell must know/There have been worse things I've done./I'll hold out these hands,/Receive the sound./Approach these days,/Will we accept the things we must?/The world will now learn/Of change to come... or no world. These lyrics are brilliant for a simple intro and sync up to the music that is ahead for the listener. All the lyrics of this album can easily be compared to this simple sample. Coheed have always had a brilliant writing style, intertwining a storyline within the lyrics. You can almost clearly detect the storyline through this album as much as the others. Another positive note for the lyrics is that they can be compared to bands like Rush, Pink Floyd, and The Police. You can easily tell that the lyrics were thought out in the writing process. The lyrics also always match up with the music that they are meant to represent.

Overall, the album hits hard in the beginning and holds you hard in its grasp until the very end, where it leaves you on the floor mindless except for what you have just heard. All you have on your mind is the album and the band's name engraved in your mind forever. The album simply does not leave your mind. Chances are if you like all the other Coheed And Cambria albums, you will love this one as much as the others. If you felt that the band's last works didn't hold you as much as people hyped them up to be, definitely check this album out as soon as you can. I can almost guarantee you will like everything you hear.