Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 2: No World For Tomorrow review by Coheed and Cambria

• Released: Oct 23, 2007
Coheed and Cambria: Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 2: No World For Tomorrow

I've been a longtime Coheed fan and this album is no disappointment like many people we're guessing when they heard The Running Free. Claudio seems to just get higher and higher vocally each album. The story of the music itself is quite interesting, and would take more space than I have to write out, but the overall just is that the main character Claudio, aka The Crowing, has finally decided that he is going to accept his destiny and defeat Wilhelm Ryan and destroy the keywork. The music itself has quite a variety to it, the first song, The Reaping, starts off with a nice acoustic intro and then jumps head first into No World For Tomorrow with guitars blazing. The tracks are layed out in such a way that you don't go from one heavy song to another, the album shows a porgression of energy, with a bit of a withdraw between each track, with songs like Mother Superior and Feathers that seem less erratic as the end of the world is drawing near. Then when it's least expected Mother Superior jumps into Gravemakers and Gunslingers, a song that just screams Guitar Hero at the top of it's lungs. The End complete also shows off the Coheed talent, jumping from a hard rock song to a more bluesy and then a throwback to The Final Cut at the end of the very last song. All through it all Stever wails on the guitar.

The lyrics and instruments compliment each other, what's better than hearing a song about the end of the world backed up by erratic guitar and drumming. Claudio has an amazing vocal range, and he shows this off as live as well as on the cds. The lyrics all illustrate a story so it's quite more difficult to judge them when their interpretation is still completely unknown.

The End Complete is one of my favorite songs from the album, but I love all of the songs really. Gravemakers And Gunslingers really shows off Travis's skill on the guitar, and Mother Superior is such an amazing song. I'd deffinetly buy it again if it was stolen.