Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 2: No World For Tomorrow review by Coheed and Cambria

• Released: Oct 23, 2007
Coheed and Cambria: Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 2: No World For Tomorrow

Ah, finally, we come to the awaited second half of the Good Apollo, this one titled, No World For Tomorrow. Like all Coheed albums, it opens with an instrumental (though this one strays from the usual melody that is played to start the album). It then kicks into the first song and rocks all the way to the end. There is that catchy sound that we are all so familiar with, but on this album, I fell that they took more chances, and experimented with different kinds of chord progressions, that give many songs a different, but still very melodic sound. I also feel that on this particular album, they are living up to the progressive name that they have been dubbed with, using different genres of music to expand on their own, creating more intricate, and well crafted songs.

The lyrics are very good on No World For Tomorrow. It seems as though they've been able to improve with every album, as far as how poetic the songs become. If you compare these to their first album, you will clearly see that they are written in a more mature manner, though, this could be because the main character of the story has grown up. Even though the lyrics are more poetic, there is still the feeling that they are down to Earth. This can mainly be seen by the use of profanity in some songs (not that being profane takes away from the poetic feeling of the lyrics, it just shows that the characters in the story, and Claudio Sanchez himself, is not infallible).

This is, personally, one of my favorite albums of 2007, and has really set it self from the rest of mainstream rock music. Yes, it's sad but true, the era Coheed and Cambria is living in is one of generic copy cat bands, but, they do a wonderful job of setting themselves apart from the crowd, and truly show their uniqueness with this album. My personal favorite songs are as follows: The Hound, The Running Free, Mother Superior, Gravemakers and Gunslingers, All of the End Complete parts. I love the great melodies that they created, by taking their own ideas, ideas from the music around them, and ideas from different genres of music, and creating these wonderful songs with them. I can't say that there is much dislike in this album, and if there is, then it's only momentary. I would be devastated if this were stolen or lost, and I'd have to buy another one, or I would cry myself to sleep every night.