Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 2: No World For Tomorrow review by Coheed and Cambria

• Released: Oct 23, 2007
Coheed and Cambria: Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 2: No World For Tomorrow

Coheed's sound has always ranged from poppy to hard rock and in NWFT the same same holds true. Over all the CD is Coheed and Cambria's darkest heaviest album yet, rife with 80's style guitar riffs and heavily distorted guitars. If you know Coheed then you know that every CD is a part of a scifi epic concept five part story, but I won't get into that. The truth is although this CD stays true to the whole concept album thing it can be completely enjoyed without knowing the story behind it. This is definately one of the best Coheed albums to date.

Coheeds lyrics have always left me gasping in awe and NWFT has done the same. All of the songs have incredibly vivid lyrics that seem to have the perfect flow even though they hardly rhyme. The darker tone of this album can really be seen in the lyrics but at the same time they maintain the poppy effect of making you want to sing along to Gravemakers and Gunslingers and The End Complete II: Radio Bye Bye. Singer skill? Claudio doesn't have skill he has like magic vocal chords that would blow away the best 80's high note singer.

Coheed and Cambria and all of their cds compare to nothing that is out today in music. Even Coheed's don't compare to each other but that's what I love about them. The best songs on the CD are Radio Bye Bye, The Running Free and the titular No World For Tomorrow. The only thing that I hate about this CD is that it's end isn't as epically awesome as Vol. 1's The Final Cut. I would tottally buy another one if I lost mine but that's unlikely because I have it on display (it's signed).

rebelmidget
    TheDisturbed78 wrote: i saw the add for this and at first i was like "hey this looks pretty cool" but when i looked it up on youtube, i realized this is the worst crap ever, the music is fine, but the singer is terrible, you can tell that his balls havent dropped.
    stop being twelve. this is an excellent album, coheeds best. they get better with each album in my opinion. I'm hoping for part 1 whatever it may be titled next year some time
    Spiritweaver
    Confetti wrote: a7xsoad wrote: mfergel wrote: jeremyeatworld wrote: Coheed's guitars have always been the most skilled in modern music, but up until this album the band has been driven by the drums. this album the drums are more basic and have less flavor, but the transition to more over-the-top guitars does work well. There's a lot going on in this album, it's really involved, but I cant help but wonder how it would've came out with josh on drums. I'll be sure to let John Petrucci know that (as well as a slew of others). Petrucci would ****ing eat your soul and Coheed's guitarists. Petrucci can rape his guitar as much as he likes. it doesent mean he can write good songs and thats the measure of a great guitarist for me.
    See also: Yngwie Malmsteen. WOW, is his music shit.
    miguel0210
    Ok Progressive Metal? its Progressive Rock they don't sound as heavy as Dream Theater. Alt-Metal once more? What the hell. Ok in SSTB they have the 1st wave emo influence and it's quite obvious but for this album.. Oh please..