In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 review by Coheed and Cambria

• Released: Oct 7, 2003
Coheed and Cambria: In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3

What can I say. Amazing. This album truly shows why Coheed And Cambria are the best at what they do. Although like the first album (Second Stage Turbine Blade) it shows the raw, melodic sound of Co&Ca, it sounds more majestic and better produced than their debut. Truly brilliant sound, the tracks blend together to give that, non-stop journey through the CD eg the first track "The Ring In Return" perfectly blends into the next track "Iksose: 3". The album has more darker tracks "Cuts Marked In The March Of Men, The Camper Velourium III: Al The Killer" and some more lighter and poppier tracks "Blood Red Summer, A Favor House Alantic".

The lyrics are well written, although on some occasions listeners may be confused because the 2 albums that have been released are based on a story (I won't say anymore, don't want to give to much away). The lyrics that are written go really well with the music, it normally suits the sound to each song which is great. Some occasions Claudio (songwriter, singer) writing is very abstract and disturbing. "I'd kill anything, cut the throat of babies". This will disturb a lot of people but I've gotten used to it. Claudio is such an awesome singer, people may be put off at first but people like that need to listen more. His voice is different and unique for this day an age and I couldn't imagine Coheed And Cambria without it.

This album is breathtaking, after fully listening start to finish you will be amazed at how good this is. It doesn't compare to anything you have heard before. Every song on the album is amazing in its own way, I honestly cannot pick because thats how good the album is, from start to finish just fantastic. I also cannot hate this album, it's not possible. If it were stolen or lost I would run to the shops and buy it again, I urge everyone with any musical taste at all to buy this album. You will not be disappointed. Breathtaking.