In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 review by Coheed and Cambria

• Released: Oct 7, 2003
Coheed and Cambria: In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3

Stop whatever you're doing now and get ready to go buy this CD. I discovered this band right when "A Favor House Atlantic" hit MTV. At first, I was [like many others] sort of turned off by Claudio's voice. But soon it turned from annoyance into interesting into amazement. I bought IKSOSE3 after listening to "A Favor House Atlantic" and it took me about a week to get into. Thank God I did, because the cd has never left my cd player. The two guitars amazed me. Reminded me of Rufio in a way how the two guitars entwine in each other, but with more of a hardcore/metal sound to it. Not to mention more interesting. Claudio is a very talented rhythm guitarist, and Travis is an awesome lead guitarist as well. The bass lines are amazing as well. Most hardcore bands I know keep the bass to root notes, while Co&Ca opens the bass up to freedom on a large scale. I don't know much about drums, being a guitarist, but I do know that they impressed me a lot. Not to mention, I know many talented drummers who can't accomplish any Co&Ca. Co&Ca sound has been said to be a metal Fugazi, although I find Co&Ca to be more of a pop-metal/emo/punk/progressive rock band.

Their is a SCIFI story built within the lyrics of IKSOSE3 and T2STB but I can't really describe it to you. I really like the lyrics, but I can't really seem to understand the story. Still, it's very original and great to say the least. Claudio's vocals are amazing. I don't think anyone could replace Claudio. He puts so much emotion into his voice, yet still retains his dark tone. Very unique and talented vocalist.

I love this album. Out of all 48 of my cds, this one is easily #1 (It being the 27th I bought). I seriously can't pick a single impressive song from the album, because they all are. Co&Ca has been the only band I know to retain their style from the first CD (which I bought and is also in my cd player) and still remain amazingly interesting. Not only do I respect Co&Ca the most of any bands I listen to, I also am influenced by them. Learning their songs has given my own songs a certain reflection of Co&Ca. If I lost this cd, I'd buy it again without hesitation. This band is simply amazing. If you like this cd, buy "The Second Stage Turbine Blade", which is also incredible. This band deserves a lot of credit. Coheed & Cambria rock.