In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 review by Coheed and Cambria

• Released: Oct 7, 2003
Coheed and Cambria: In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3

Coheed And Cambria is one of my favorite bands of all time because they have the smarts and musical talent to back up the complexity within this album. With songs like "In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3" they reach such a dramatic high, that when I first listened to the song, I got goose-bumps. They have alot of very good dramatic songs that are at times less experimental then their previous record, and they have many good popish songs which will bring the listener in and get you thinking "Ok... I can handle this stuff." The song "A Favor House Atlantic" (the first single) is one of these songs and it struck a very good chord with me.

As I said before, Co&Ca have some of the most complex musical theory that I've herad. Beneath what seem like meaningless lyrics with interesting hooks and dramatic 'shout-a-longs', there is an underlining story. Listening to the music, and looking up the lyrics, you see things like "You're father's dead, he passed in his sleep" you think Claudio (lead singer/guitarist) is just singing some mindless emo crap, when he's telling a detailed plot. On the other hand, when I introduce Coheed's music to my friends the first thing they comment on is the singer's high pitched voice. And yes, at first his voice may seem a little obsered. But when I first heard one of their songs on a Warped Tour compilatoin cd, I was hooked. The thought of a weird voice never popped into my head. So pretty much you'll just have to judge it on your own.

Overall, I love this album. It struck a cord in my head and I was addicted. Between the detailed backstory, and the great thought put into the melodies, there are few errors. There 23 tracks on this cd and 10 of them don't have music on them. The last song "2113" goes back to Coheed And Cambria's old experimental rock style, and I like it. I would advise anyone and everyone to buy this amazing album.