In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 review by Coheed and Cambria

• Released: Oct 7, 2003
Coheed and Cambria: In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3

This is the second CD released by Coheed And Cambria but it serves as the third CD in the series. The lyrics, if you know what they are about, will make your jaw drop and you wont pick it up any time soon. Even if you have no idea what the lyrics mean, they will be stuck in your head. The songs on this CD are epic. The title track In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth is an 8 minute long song. With the generally short attention span of the media public you'd think this is a bad thing wrong! Every second of this song is riviting. And about 2/3 of the way through the intro starts over again to a chant chorus which sends a chill down my spine every time I listen to it. The Light & The Glass is an incredible song as well. A Favor House Atlantic and Blood Red Summer have the commercial appeal that the douchey MTV crowd likes, but they don't sacrifice anythign to loyal Coheed listeners. A Devil In Jersey City is the most profane song on the album whic can tend to get on peoples nerves, not the case here. It only adds to the impact of the song. All in all one of the best sounding albums ever. Period.

The lyrics that Claudio Sanchez crafts are so incredible, that you can have no idea what the story of Coheed And Cambria means, and be enthralled by their sheer impact. Claudio Sanchez has a set of pipes that can set Ronny James Dio and Rob Halford to shame. His voice digs into your head and does not leave. And you'll drop to your knees and thank the maker that it does but cause it is in-freakin-credible. Gutiarist Travis Stever and bassist Michael Todd add to the fun by singin or screaming at key points in the song that only make it a whole lot sweeter. The singinh by the three maches the guitar lines so well that at times they blend together.

When I first heard Coheeds first CD The Second Stage Turbine Blade, I thought they would never top it and that made me sad. But, I went out and bought In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3. I was sceptical when I started listening, knowing that it wouldnt be as good. Hot damn was I wrong. I would list the songs that impressed me. but I mgiht as well say all of them. Everything about this album keeps it in my CD player almost non-stop unless I'm listening to The Second Stage Turbine Blade of Live at The Starland Ballroom. If it was stolen I would beat the theif within an inch of his/her life but let them keep the CD and just open one of the five other copies I bought just in case of a situation like this arising. Buy it now. This CD is the new life of rock music that we have needed for 'o so long. I would like to take this time, on behalf of all listeners out there to say this, "Thank you Claudio Sanchez, Travis Steever, Michael Todd, and Josh Eppard, your guys rock."