In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 review by Coheed and Cambria

• Released: Oct 7, 2003
Coheed and Cambria: In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3

Coheed And Cambria have really outdone themselves on this album. It is comprised of a wide range of styles, from emo, to punk, to hardcore, to even a touch of metal. It's quite a concept album, with strange lyrics and song titles. It's also a very long CD, with over 70 minutes of music from just over 10 tracks. I must say, in some parts of this album, the guitarists sound very talented. Fast, melodic runs give this album musical depth, as well as songwriting depth.

Claudio is a pretty good lyricist. From dark, angry, tortured songs, to brighter, happier songs, he writes them all. He's also got one of the most amazing voices I've ever heard in rock music. He's fast and pitch-perfect, as well as adding some nice sound effects and well-placed screaming. All of which adds up to lyrics sung by an extremely competent singer, as well as melodies that fit over their songs perfectly.

This is one of my newer albums, it's probably too soon to call it a favorite of mine, but it's definitely a quality production from a very talented band. I would have to say that my favorite songs are track 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7. But all of them are quite good. If lost or stolen, I would definitely get it again. It's a great album, and I would recommend it for fans of almost any genre of music.

VolucrisExNox
    Personally, I think this album is one of the best rock records I've heard in a long time. I admire them for the passion they put in what they do, and, as a guitarist, I think that listening to this album would be very heplful for a musician (guitarist) in development because in almost every track, you can appreciate the most important parts of a song, for example: lead guitar melodies, well composed guitar riffs, key changes in their chord progression, etc. In a way, Co & Ca's guitarists have taught me a lot about musicianship and dedication. I would recommend anyone who's into music, especially guitarists as I said earlier, to buy this album as soon as they can.