In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 review by Coheed and Cambria

• Released: Oct 7, 2003
Coheed and Cambria: In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3

I was having a conversation with my friend the other day, and we both agreed that shredding is awesome, but there has to be a line where you separate too much shredding from just the right amount. Well, Coheed and Cambria have achieved just the right amount of shred on In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3, while still keeping the music catchy and easy to listen to. Travis Stever and Claudio Sanchez, co guitarists really stand out on this album. There aren't very many solos, but really just little lead lines everywhere I just love.

All of singer/guitarist Claudio Sanchez's lyrics are based around his comic books, the Bag.On.Line. Adventures of Coheed and Cambria and The Armory Wars saga. I personally haven't read any of these comic books but have read the story behind them, and was able to understand the lyrics more fully. Claudio Sanchez is an extremely talented singer, with a very high vocal range. Some people are turned off by this but I personally think that Claudio's high voice makes the music all the more interesting. another good thing about claudio is he sings around the music, instead of the making the music based around the vocals.

Just to make it clear, the definition of shred that I typically go by is masterful guitar work. This album is filled with tasteful guitar and riffs that are really just fun to play. I have already learned half the songs on this album and they are a blast. I don't hate any song on this album. it's one of those albums where every track is perfect. I especially love the crowing and 21:13. If it was lost I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. I love this album.