In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 review by Coheed and Cambria

• Released: Oct 7, 2003
Coheed and Cambria: In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3

I first heard this band a couple of years ago, when my brother brought in a band and said "You like Rush? Check this out" and I fell in love with them from the first time I heard Blood Red Summer, but that was years ago, and now, I have all the albums, so now I know more about them. Now, to the sound, I don't care what people say, CoCa is awesome. The guitars and the bass and drums, all sound out of this world. The complications of the instruments impressed me as well, especially on songs like VC II Backend of Forever and so on. They have improved a lot on this album from Turbine, it just seems that in Turbine, they are trying to find their sound, but they found it on this one.

O yes, the lyrics and vocals. People can say all they want about Claudio, but his voice is awesome. It isnt those same boring voices you hear all the time that anoy you to death Nickelback. The lyrics are the 3rd part to the Coheed And Cambria story, and this onoe deals more with Claudio than the other. The lyrics are great, but too complicated, and I like it like that.I would get bored if the lyrics were too easy to figure out, I guess the only way for me to figure out the story though is from the comics coming out soon.

I personally think this is Coheed's best so far. Turbine they were working on the sound, and Good Apollo 1 was too confusing, switching back and forth between the real world and the story. Overall, one of the greatest albums I have ever heard in my life, an instant classic.

blinkoneeighty2
    co&ca is like the greatest band ever. VolucrisExNox is 100% right and they are def progressive hardcore...all those jelous fags only heard songs off of thier new album and assumed that they were like emo >
    Pittman
    I dont know if you would call them progressive hardcore,maybe progressive/punk influence.
    fender3592
    there is alot of emo in them.. emo stands for emotional, and you can't say there is no emotion in there music, there emotion isn't really the sad, heartbroken, emotion like most emo bands out there today. but yeah i label them as a indie/metal/prog hybrid band. the best and most unique thing band out there today.
    CoHead
    VolucrisExNox : I admire them for the passion they put in what they do, and, as a guitarist, I think that listening to this album would be very heplful for a musician (guitarist) in development because in almost every track, you can appreciate the most important parts of a song, for example: lead guitar melodies, well composed guitar riffs, key changes in their chord progression, etc. I totally agree. Best band ever. This album kicks ass. and is my personal favorite of the three
    CoHead
    I agree, listening to the guitarwork has definately influenced me SOOO much. I love this band. My favorite album of the three so far!
    Funyun
    This band is the best!!!!! In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 is their best album yet!~!!