In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 review by Coheed and Cambria

• Released: Oct 7, 2003
Coheed and Cambria: In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3

Starting off with a classic coheed and cambria intro to the CD, with the phone ringing and the answer coming in like a burst of flame. Coheed must have known that they had a classic on their hands in recording. Next up on the tracklist is the title track IKSOSE:3. Here, coheed starts with a mystical sounding riff that grabs your attention and then burst into a full blown fury of sound and fantasy, with a catchy verse chorus and breakdown riff. This song is ths big step forward in with coheed and cambria becoming hte heavy techinical force they are today, and IKSOSE:3 is still their anthem. The album progresses on from track to track, each distinictively differnt from the last. At track five, coheed lays down another big hitter, The Crowing. This is fast picking, larger than life tune is a pleasure to listen to and a workout for the arm. Another big hitter comes almost twenty tracks ahead. Track 23 is the hidden track on the album, incorporating a little bit of RUSH, blues, metal, and exerts from their past songs all in one for the song 21:13 to end it all off. Simply astounding.

Anyone who knows coheed and cambria knows that they are mostly in the music to tell a story, in this case, this album is from the coheed and cambria series, or the Bag Online Adventures as it was previously called. Lead singer Claudio Sanchez takes us all for a ride through fairy tale land on this one, always leavin the fans to interpret the lyrics into the events of the story he weaves. He is never short at amzing with catchy one liners and powerful high pitched vocals, the story is displayed in difficult metaphor and skillful word play. Lyrics will always be the strong point of coheed and cambrias music in my opinion.

I wasn't happy with some of the songs on the CD, including some of the more poppier sounding songs that come near the middle of the CD. Notably well written songs are, IKSOSE:3, the crowing, Backened Forever, Faint of Hearts, A Favour House Atlantic, The Light And The Glass, and 21:13, and yet all the songs are well written and a journey to listen to. If the CD was stolen I would go out and buy it in a heartbeat, it ranks as one of the greatest cds of all time, and a contender for coheeds best album they have ever written. I enjoyed the story, it seemed like the breakthrough from the boring beginning to the series and really captivated me. Definetly worth checking out when you have the chance.

fender_NiNE
    Funyun wrote: This band is the best!!!!! In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 is their best album yet!~!!
    no....Good Apollo is way better. to me its like their own dark side of the moon. this album is still amazing though. im actually gonna try to learn all the songs on here on guitar. i can already play IKSSE3, Three Evils, and A Favor House Atlantic.
    bonjidonk
    in the way co & ca are helpful for guitarist, they are also helpful for bassists. mike is one of my favorite bassist and i have learned a lot from listening to his bass lines for co & ca.
    Fatally Jon
    I really like this album, but I personally think Good Apollo Vol. 1 is the best. It's really dark and really epic, where IKSSE:3 is a little too poppy.