Live At The Starland Ballroom [DVD] review by Coheed and Cambria

• Released: Mar 22, 2005
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Coheed and Cambria: Live At The Starland Ballroom [DVD]

If you can find a badn more unique than Coheed And Cambria, I'd like to know. The sound is brutal, but at the same time, incredibly beautiful. The guitar parts of Travis Stever and Claudio Sanchez is both complex and technical, as well as memorable and stunningly beautiful. Such songs as A Favor House Atlantic and Blood Red Summer will have the main stream listener tapping his feet and songs like In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 and Delirium Trigger will have die-hard fans staying up until 3 in the morning trying to memorize the incredible lyrics. In short it doesn't get much better. The sound of Coheed will be copied for years to come, count on that. In addition, Claudio's acoustic song at the end, The Light & The Glass, is so soft and soothing that I spent hours learning to play it, makes the DVD worth buying by itself.

Content — 10
It is a great thing to see people packed into the Starland Ballroom screaming almost as high as Claudio's voice. You get an incredible selection of songs played live, three music videos for A Favor House Atlantic, Blood Red Summer, and The Devil In Jersey City. You also get the making of Blood Red Summer. There is also another live performance set from the Skate and Surf Vestival. The DVD also comes with a CD of the entire concert. If you get anymore from a DVD for the 15 bucks I paid for this, let me know 'cause I'm buying it.

Production Quality — 10
This is basically a typicl concert filming but the angles gave emphasis on the band member who had the biggest part of te song at the time. The overalls of the bad and crowed were clear and at times looked almost like I was there. The menues of the planet backgrounds perfectly emphasised the entire concept of the Coheed & Cambria story.

This entire DVD is the type of thing that you look at and decide it makes life worth living all over again. There is nothign wrong with this DVD. A must for Coheed fans or even the casual radio listener. If it were lost I would buy another. I already bought a few extra copies, just in case. Go buy it now.