Live At The Starland Ballroom [DVD] Review

artist: Coheed and Cambria date: 01/03/2006 category: compact discs
Coheed and Cambria: Live At The Starland Ballroom [DVD]
Released: March 22, 2005
Covering personal favorites "In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3," "Delirium Trigger," and "Everything Evil" - this disc looks to be must for all Co&Ca fans, especially those that showed up late to the Boston show and missed a good portion of the performance. Not that I know anyone like that...
 Content: 9.7
 Production Quality: 9.3
 8.6
 9.6
 7.5
Live At The Starland Ballroom [DVD] Reviewed by: rjc_15, on april 05, 2005

Sound: This was the first time I heard the band, and I thought it was pretty good. The guitars sounded good, although you can find some indications of flaws, but live shows aren't meant to be perfect. The drums and bass come in clear as well. The only problem I had was Claudio tends to become winded rather easy in some of the songs, and misses some of his parts. But he can be easily forgiven since he plays some rather nice guitar parts at the same time. It sounds really good though, especially for an indie band. // 8

Overall Impression: Compared to other concert DVD's I own, like Incubus' Alive At Red Rocks, it stacks up pretty well in my opinion. I feel that it was very well done all around, even if some aspects get in the way. The song list is very good, but like I said before, the acoustic version of "The Light And The Glass" is phenomenal. I also loved "In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth." I liked all of this DVD and if I had to buy it again, I most definitely would. Not only because I really liked it, it was only 13 bucks! Can't beat that by much really, especially for such a marvelous performance. // 10

Live At The Starland Ballroom [DVD] Reviewed by: themanwiththere, on may 31, 2005

Sound: If you can find a badn more unique than Coheed And Cambria, I'd like to know. The sound is brutal, but at the same time, incredibly beautiful. The guitar parts of Travis Stever and Claudio Sanchez is both complex and technical, as well as memorable and stunningly beautiful. Such songs as A Favor House Atlantic and Blood Red Summer will have the main stream listener tapping his feet and songs like In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 and Delirium Trigger will have die-hard fans staying up until 3 in the morning trying to memorize the incredible lyrics. In short it doesn't get much better. The sound of Coheed will be copied for years to come, count on that. In addition, Claudio's acoustic song at the end, The Light & The Glass, is so soft and soothing that I spent hours learning to play it, makes the DVD worth buying by itself. // 10

Overall Impression: This entire DVD is the type of thing that you look at and decide it makes life worth living all over again. There is nothign wrong with this DVD. A must for Coheed fans or even the casual radio listener. If it were lost I would buy another. I already bought a few extra copies, just in case. Go buy it now. // 10

Live At The Starland Ballroom [DVD] Reviewed by: sonixon, on january 03, 2006

Sound: I have always loved the sound of Coheed And Cambria and every one of their songs. I love their guitar tone, specifically Claudio's, which he gets from EMG active pickups. Both of the guitar players are exceptional musicians, and the drum and bass player both stand out significantly as well. I've always found their music to stand way way apart from anything I've ever heard before, and they have been my favourite band for a couple of years now. The sound of the music on the DVD is excellent, and leaves nothing out. // 10

Overall Impression: I have many music DVDs and this is way way up in the favourites of my collection. I like it as much as the Led Zeppelin DVD, which is saying something, because that DVD is just fantastic. The best part of the DVD is the main concert of course. If it were lost/stolen I would go right out and buy another copy. // 10

Comments