The Second Stage Turbine Blade review by Coheed and Cambria

• Released: Feb 5, 2002
Coheed and Cambria: The Second Stage Turbine Blade

Coheed And Cambria are a fresh sound to the emo/prog rock/metal/punk scene. The guitar riffs, courtesy of Claudio Sanchez and Travis Steever, are intricate and hard to duplicate. Another 'high point' is Claudios amazing vocals. The sound resembles a 10 year old boy being kicked in the crotch. Hard. There sound is overall amazing. Vocals, wether sung by Travis or Claudio, or shouted by bassist Micheal Todd, keep the listener hooked.

The lyrics are meant to be a narrative story for the characters, Coheed And Cambria. They are, at times, very hard to follow, because they go very indepth, and if you dont know it is telling a story, you could get lost very easily. There is some profanity, but not too much. The lyrics pitch matched exactly the guitar playing, and they almost seemed to blend together as one sound at some points.

No other album can compare to this album. There is no other artist I know of who could pull any of this cd off musically. It is one of the best cds I have ever bought. There are many amazing songs on the album, like Devil In Jersey City, Everything Evil, Time Consumer and Hearshot Kid Disaster. I love everything about this cd. It is in my cd player constantly. Their newer cd is no comparasin to their first effort. If it was lost or stolen, I find whoever stole it, and kick their ass. I'd let them keep it though, so they could hear this amazing band, and I would go get another copy.