The Second Stage Turbine Blade review by Coheed and Cambria

• Released: Feb 5, 2002
Coheed and Cambria: The Second Stage Turbine Blade

Coheed and Cambria have one of the most unique sounds in rock these days. The way the guitars almost talk to each other, plus the great drumming and bassline, and of course the vocals of Claudio Sanchez come together keeps you listening all the time. This is the first album by the group, part 2 in the story of "The Amory Wars" which was written by Claudio. The Second Stage Turbine Blade is one of my favorite albums of all time because of the pure genious of it all.

The lyrics on this album are very good, all corresponding to the craziness of the Amory Wars story. This, being their first album, is not their very best work, however the lyrics are still very nice. Many songs are fun to sing along to, and are easily remembered. However, some songs take some listening to in order to get that effect. The vocals are in my opinion just plain amazing. Claudio's ability to hit the high notes back in the day was amazing. I don't think the album would be anywhere near my favorite album without the greatness of his voice.

My overall impression of this album is one word: Fantastic. The guitars, vocals, drums, even bass come together in an awesome harmony that creates one of my favorite albums of all time. Although there aren'nt really any "technical" parts to the guitars, the simplicity of it all really adds to the album in a way. I would say that every song on the album, excluding "Hearshot Kid Disaster" is amazing. The absolute best being "Delirium Trigger", "Everything Evil", and "Junesong Provision". Yet all the others are up there as incredible songs as well. If this album was stolen, I would probably just go buy another, because whoever stole it, stole a masterpeice.