13 Ways To Bleed On Stage review by Cold

• Released: Sep 12, 2000
Cold: 13 Ways To Bleed On Stage

I need to give you a little background info about my once sh*tty taste in music. Back when I bought this album I knew nothing about music, I only bought it because one of my friends said it was good. Now as for the sound of this album I must say that I was very impressed. I bought this cd when it first came out, I'm not a fan of Nu-Metal but this CD stands out so much compared to other bands in that category. It is one of few CD's i can listen too without skipping over tracks. There are some very Heavy tracks on here, but without sacrifising melody. A bit dark sounding at times as well.

The lyrics are my favorite thing about this album. Stand outs are: "Send in the clowns", "No one", and "Bleed". My favorite line from the album is the chorus to send in the clowns- "No one ever changed their ways. A little pill killed summer days" Brilliant, and original lyrics. Scooter Ward has a pretty grungey singing style. It works well with the Down tuned guitars though.

This CD is definately worth buying. If you are Skepticle because they are associated with Fred Durst, Fear not. It's not anything like the Rap-Metal of Limp Bizkit. Always a good Cd to have if you are a fan of Nu-Metal, Alternative, or Grunge.