A Different Kind Of Pain review by Cold

• Released: Aug 30, 2005
Cold: A Different Kind Of Pain

The album has a heavier, more depressing sound than its predecessor, Year Of The Spider. Unlike the first two Cold albums, this one's depressing sound has a somewhat different ring to it, kind of like a catchy depressing ring. It's more heartfelt, rather than angry. Though I love it, I think that's a downside for the populous.

This album's lyrics are priceless in some areas, bland in others. For example, in the first song, "Back Home," in the 1st stanza, there is some almost priceless imagery. But then the album's imagery dies down in songs that are almost like a letter, in "Anatomy Of A Tidal Wave." I love that song, don't get me wrong. Great song. The way I see it, the songs are not all about imagery, some are meant to speak directly to the listener, rather than show in an image. I think it's great.

The band itself has either an automatic love or hate kind of idea. You either love it right off the bat or can't stand it. But I guarantee if you listen to it and get past what you hate so fondly of it, you'll grow to love the band, and their music. I love the band. Loved it when I first found it. I suggest everyone take the time, make a few dollars or borrow it from mom or dad, and go out and buy one. Just listen, you might love it. If not, then at least you tried.

All0utR0ck
    Too bad they broke up...that was a huge disappointment. Especially since their guitarist got picked up by Evanescense(yuck)
    Fuel Collector
    A cool CD, not as good as Year of the Spider tho. Too bad they broke up, Cold were a freakin' awesome band.
    thesecondman
    I respect this cd. Scooter is the man.... but it kinda felt like they just... rewrote several of their older songs. I really like "A different kind of pain" and a few others... but I didn't think it was as strong or memorable as the last 2 albums.
    LJG
    I was kinda let down by this cd i mean there are good songs like "Back Home" and "Different Kind of Pain" but it just seemed to be something not everyone was into like they just wanted to get it done i just wish they could of went out with a bigger bang