Year Of The Spider review by Cold

• Released: Apr 29, 2003
Cold: Year Of The Spider

The CD itself, is near flawless. Each song has a sound that many people, I feel would like. Each song's lyrics go very well with the music, all giving out a certain mood for the meanings. There are a few acoustic songs, along as some nice distorted ones. It's not as heavy as the other two albums, but somehow, its my personal favorite by them.

The lyrics, I feel are very well written, many people I know don't pay attension to the lyrics. Me personally, I try to find personal experiences to see if I can relate. I like to be one with my music (mainly why I listen to it everyday of my life). I really think that if you listen to this album, listen to what the music is saying, it's worth it.

As stated before, the CD is a little lighter than the previous ones. My personal favorites are: Cure My Tragedy (A Letter To God), Black Sunday, and Rain Song. The thing I love about it, is its just got a beautiful sound that everybody should be open to hearing. If I had the money, honestly I would buy a copy of this CD for everybody I know. When I first bought this CD (it was the first album by Cold I ever purchased) I thought, "Well, this may be good for a few weeks" but my whole view has changed, ever since I bought it (the same day it was put out into stores) I listen to it at least twice a week. It honestly never gets old. The lead singers voice is amazing on both acoustic, and distored songs, Scooter Ward, is one of my favorite vocalists, period.