Year Of The Spider review by Cold

• Released: Apr 29, 2003
Cold: Year Of The Spider

Cold did a really good job with this album. There are soungs that have a good rock feel to them (Remedy, Suffocate, and Stupid Girl), and then there are songs with a softer feel to them (Cure My Tragedy, Sad Happy, and Wasted Years). These songs are easy to like. The lyrics, vocals, and instrumentals all fit together well in these songs to give them a great overall effect.

Cold has made some really good lyrics in this album. They have lyrics about relatable situations. They have songs that people can not only relate to, but also "Live." When they hear these lyrics, they connect, and feel that some of the lyrics are saying exactly what they might be feeling. An example of this is one of my favorite songs called Cure My Tragedy. It's lyrics are smooth and easy for people to really feel.

This album is amazing. Cold puts two main different types of songs into this album. They have a rock feel, and then a softer rock feel. The softer feel has emotional lyrics that fit in perfectly with the musical and vocal parts of the song. The other music is also very good at this. No matter what kind of mood you are in, you can always find a song on this album that you will not only like, but also be able to connect with.

thesecondman
    Fuel Collector wrote: One of the greatest rock albums of our time by far.
    Agreed. Also one of the most underrated albums I have ever heard.
    coldfan
    This album is very well put together and my favorite song on it is Gone Away ( A song for star ).....Secret Song
    BushMasterFlex
    this album got me into rock/metal. with out it id probebly be listening to 50cent right now lol