No Omega review by Cold World

• Released: Jul 24, 2007
  • Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
Cold World: No Omega

No Omega is a collective discography of Cold World's material before "Dedicated to Babies Who Came Feet First" And although in my opinion, it doesn't surpass DTBWCFF, it is still a really sold record. This band has always been willing to do different things from the hardcore norm. The opening track has a bit of synth in the background and they inject a lot of hip-hop into the sound without making it sound bogged down and nu-metal. Cold World uses lots of sound clips of hip-hop beats and retain a very aggressive and original vocal style. While the instruments on the album also come through in sheer brutality whilst not relying on the typical breakdown you would hear today.

I've always found the lyrics to be quite simple. Although, I wouldn't chalk this up to be a huge flaw. Dann uses simple wording and rhyming schemes but makes it come across still impressive. Transitioning between a harsh hardcore yell and a Life of Agony esque singing style. He packs a lot of punch into the lines he writes. The vocals remain to be one of the biggest drawing points to this band. But you'll either like them or not. No inbetween.

As mentioned before, I do like DTBWCFF more in all aspects. This album still shouldn't be overlooked. Cold World made a huge name for themselves in the scene with all the material on this album and it's always cool to see where such a solid band came from. Not a lot of downsides on this album either. Solid hardcore jams with hip-hop infused riffs and beats. Refuse to Lose is easily one of the best songs on this album. Lot's of hype behind the song and the band. You really can't go wrong with this if you are into 90's style hardcore in the vein of madball, life of agony, and biohazard. But they still remain very original from their counterparts. Really can't be described. You just have to listen to it for yourself.

adrianjunger
    still a really sold record
    I'm guessing that should be solid. Never really liked this band, they have zero appeal to me.