A Rush Of Blood To The Head review by Coldplay

• Released: Aug 26, 2002
Coldplay: A Rush Of Blood To The Head

I think this album is a most have for the more soulfull listener if I may say that. If you are a fan of heavier music than this is not an album for you. I think this album has a mix of songs that can make you jump up and down and songs that are slower and deeper. They really do a great job of build ups for example in songs like "God Put A Smile Upon Your Face," "The Scientish" and "Rush Of Blood To The Head." Though there is great melodies in this album it sounds like they might of out down themselves and made it too sweet. Daylight is a welcome change to the regular sounding songs with it's interesting sound. I would have to say coldplay uses the traditional style of song writing just take it a step above the rest.

The lyrics in this album are decent. In some of the songs you don't really know what Chris Martin is talking about but he really goes deep in "The Scientist" and "Green Eyes". There are some well written songs and some of the lyrics are interesting to hear however I don't see the lyrics as absolutely fantastic.

Coldplay definately has a style of their own. They like to end differently then their verse or chorus as seen in "Politik", "Robtth", "Daylight", "Scientist", and "Amsterdam". What's good about this album is some songs you gradually come to like and you switch from song to song being your favorite. I really thoroughly enjoyed this album and am hopeful that their next will be better. If stolen I would definately replace it.