A Rush Of Blood To The Head review by Coldplay

• Released: Aug 26, 2002
Coldplay: A Rush Of Blood To The Head

The first time I heard this album, I wasn't so sure about it. I've got parachutes and I wasn't sure if this was as good, but I've come to realise that this album has more compassion, energy and confidence than before. The sound itself is amazing; Coldplay manage to mix so many different styles like pop, rock, alternative etc into one and I find it really hard to actually put them into a catagory; they are unique.

Chris Martin has one hell of a voice. His scale is impressive and he sings powerfully and energetically. The lyrics he writes are briliant; for example the way in which 'politic' talks about fair trade. The music acompanies the lyrics perfectly, sometimes subtle key changes amplify Martin's voice or dampen in accordingly; it's awesome.

I have to say, I love this album. It's one of my all time favorites as every track is different and exciting. I could listen to it for ever! The music appeals to all age groups and there is something in it for everyone. Well done to Coldplay for re-introducing the piano into pop music but I think that the guitar should play a slightly larger part than the one it does.

Red Exodus
    striker161 wrote: i am no longer a coldplay fan. it would be more accurate to say i am a parachutes fan. since parachutes, chris martin has lost his musical soul and producers have had too much impact on their sound. clocks is simply a pop song and the scientist boring with no progression, climax or catchiness. x&y is worse. r.i.p. coldplay.
    Lost his musical soul? Are you stupid? If you have watched any concerts you'd know he has more soul than a lot of musicians. Fans like you piss me off, you think musicians should find one sound and stick to it instead of making progression and reinventing themselves. And what's wrong with pop? You'd probably say something like "it's for girls" or something retarded like that, that's like me saying metal is for devil worship. If you want soul go find Jesus Christ or read a bible.
    striker161
    Metal_Hed_23
    If you are a fan of heavier music than this is not an album for you i am a HUGE Coldplay fan, and i am a faithful fan of many MANY metal bands. so that was kinda dumb to say