A Rush Of Blood To The Head review by Coldplay

• Released: Aug 26, 2002
Coldplay: A Rush Of Blood To The Head

The second Coldplay album, and their best, in my opinion, suggests a new sound for the band, pretty much different from their debut ("Parachutes") and it shows that the members of the group didn't try to raise their bank accounts, but that they searched new music. The album was made in 2002 and it's the best of the year. I would described it as Pop(ular), because it has soft songs such as "God Put A Smile Upon Your Face", "Clocks", "The Scientist" and more.

The first song "Politik" enters with a smashing piano/bass intro and begins atmospheric the album.

The second song "In My Place" is warm and soft, very nice to the listener's ear.

The third song "God Put A Smile Upon Your Face" is tuned in Drop C sharp is pretty psychedelic and it has an enthusiastic riff.

The fourth song is "The Scientist" a great song with great piano.

The fifth song is the most known song here "Clocks".

Then the next four songs ("Daylight", "Green Eyes", "Warning Sign" and "A Whisper") are just a waste of time in my opinion and we go to the masterpiece of the album "A Rush Of Blood To The Head". The song is just amazing and inspiring. Its chorus is just great.

The album winds up with "Amsterdam" a good song. Also you can understand Coldplay's influence from Radiohead.

Chris Martin was probably deeply in love with somebody, because the lyrics are full of romantism and love. He sings very good, however sometimes, if you don't pay attention to what you hear you start to get annoyed a bit. The lyrics match a lot to the music so it's a very well - structured and worked album.

In the 00's Coldplay are one of the best bands in the world. Soft music, romantic lyrics and good melodies. However they sometimes do the same thing in every song. The most impressive song is the masterpiece "A Rush Of Blood To The Head" and its cover is just amazing and creative. If it were lost, I would definitely buy it again and if anyone wants to listen to Coldplay this is the best way to start.